Today I worked on a small garage project. The workbench area needed some task lighting; originally I had an old Luxo type of light, however the mount broke during the workbench replacement project. I found some very economical halogen lights, the Inreada model at IKEA a couple of weeks ago. These lights are meant to be used as bookcase/shelf lights. I spaced the 3 lights evenly across the workbench.




The lights were mounted through the wire shelves to small wood blocks with regular 1-5/8" drywall screws.



The three lights give a nice, even lighting across the entire work surface.



I like having 3 separate lights so that a project can be effectively lit from 3 separate angles. The lights pivot slightly to the left and right if I need to focus more light on a particular area. Overall the lights aren't super heavy duty; it will be interesting to see how they hold up over time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the "Reading Workbench" Part 1

On the "Reading Workbench" Part 2